FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum RSS Feed Forum RSS Feed

Let the banter begin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> Cartie Challenge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Let the banter begin Reply with quote

Ok - we've all seen everyone's carties (except the one that only exists in Nigel's head and the one Michael hasn't built yet). Who do you reckon are the contenders and who is the comedy relief. Which is most likely to do well and which will be lucky to get past the first bend?

I think both The Dragster and The Lemming look really good, but I think they're both carrying too much weight to be front runners. The modified three wheelers are too unstable.

The Skip Special has to be a good bet if Jim can find someone with enough bottle to drive it...
AndyPop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Poopy's Whizzer! may be terminally damaged Reply with quote

On the third of three test runs down the Brae on Tuesday night, I left braking a bit too late, hit a pot hole and rolled the temperamental chariot on the gravel. The motorbike leathers saved me (again) from a certain trip to Casualty although I may have temporarily dislocated a finger after my attempted sideways somersault with pike, judging by the swelling and black and blue decorations now adorning my left hand. Alas Poopy's Whizzer! which was getting up there nudging Elijah's times on the fateful run, according to my Timekeeper, is rather badly bent front and rear following the accident. So bent cartie, swollen hand, damaged pride but is the bottle intact? Even if it is, it could be touch and go to rebuild for Sunday. All you lunatics that go down that brae without full bike kit on want you heids examined!
I'll be back!
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Shocking news! Reply with quote

Shocking news Andy - it looked to be going really well right up to the last fraction of a second.

Let us know if we can do anything to help get it back on the track.
tommo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Are we able to fill the pot holes like last year ? Reply with quote

Appreciate that pothole may be covered in straw on the day - but should we be looking to fill any potential holes with something (even some dirt/hardcore stolen I mean borrowed from building sites closely situated to Cotbank buy any chance ?).
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got the rotten and broken tarmac at the edge of the course patched,but the pothole in the braking area remains. Unfortunately that is a private road (belongs to the divers) so the council won't do it.

Filling in the big pothole would be good - even temporarily just with loose gravel - the only thing that is stopping us is time. If anyone would like to take this wee job on then by all means just go for it!
AndyPop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Poopy's Whizzer! Retires Hurt Reply with quote

Sorry Guys
Worse than I thought. A broken 5th Metacarpel means an early retirement for Poopy's Whizzer! from this year's event. Sadly I'm in Plaster for 4 weeks Sad. I may come and display the sad remains on Saturday anyway (of me and the chariot)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> Cartie Challenge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: