FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum RSS Feed Forum RSS Feed

Posting Policy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Posting Policy Reply with quote

Sorry to have to do this people, but I've had to make a couple of changes;

As of now;

1) You need to be a registered member to post anywhere on this forum.
2) Posting will not be possible from the IP address of a certain educational establishment in Aberdeenshire for one week starting now.
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've relaxed the permissions a bit so you don't have to register to post in any of the forums except Announcements. I'll tighten them up a bit if there are any problems, but for now I'd rather make it a little easier for everyone to contribute.
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - well there is a downside to allowing anonymous postings, and that is the occasional bit of what is known in the trade as "link spam", which is where some pondlife decides to randomly post links to other sites in the hope of boosting the search engine rankings of those sites. So far it's not too bad, and there are not so many of them that I can't delete them when they pop up. On balance, I think it's better to make it easy for everyone to access the site and post things (even though it does pretty much seem to be just me most of the time... Crying or Very sad )

So - if you see some odd postings appearing, just ignore them and I'll deal with them as soon as I can.
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago I stopped the forum accepting postings from unregistered users because of the amount of spam that was being posted, some of which was deeply unpleasant. I was never really happy about having to do that as I'd much prefer not to have barriers in the way of people who want to contribute, but if you saw some of the stuff I had to delete you'd understand why I had no choice in the matter.

However, I now put some measures in place that I think should pretty much eliminate all of the automated postings, so I've allowed unregistered postings again. That doesn't mean, however, that it is a free-for-all. Normal rules still apply, so rude, offensive or threatening posts will still be deleted.

I'll try to keep on top of things, but if you spot anything that you think shouldn't be on the form please do let me know so I can deal with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: