FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum RSS Feed Forum RSS Feed

My Catterline connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clforbes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: My Catterline connection Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I thought I would tell you about my Catterline connection.

My grandmother Johanna Melvin was born in Catterline in 1883, her parents were William Melvin & Mary Ann Stephen, they lived in #8. In 1915 she married my grandfather Alexander Forbes (from Cowie) and they lived in Catterline until 1920-21 before they emigrated to Canada (my father was born in Canada in 1921).

My granny had two sisters Mary Ann whose married name was Taylor I believe she had a daughter named Melvina. Her other sister Maggie never married, both I believe lived in Catterline for many years. She also had two brothers William & James.

I have enjoyed looking at the photos that are posted on the site, and am planning on visiting the area in 2009.

Cheers from Canada

Cathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: