FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum RSS Feed Forum RSS Feed

Travellers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
White Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Travellers Reply with quote

Hello all,

I was wondering what peoples opinion was on the Travellers' encampments at the Recycling bins and further south on the A92?

Personally I find the litter and scrap they are producing/leaving by the road side distasteful, not to mention the recurring obstructions caused to both the laybys and recycling facilities.

Recently I noticed there were some abandoned and vandalised caravans left in situ at the southerly site, which I believe were disposed of by the council.

White Rabbit
jcarr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Travellers Reply with quote

It seems the "travellers" have decided to stay for longer than usual in the local laybys this year. Many people have expressed frustration and anger to community council members about the mess and general disregard for all the rules that the rest of us observe. However, Aberdeenshire Council has largely ignored our complaints over the years and indeed pandered to the travellers. There is a meeting on the 10th June at which they will discuss a new policy towards them. This is the time to lobby your local councillors and make sure our voices are heard.
White Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again the traveler's have set up camp in the local lay-bys.

The local authority have appeared relatively powerless with regard to the sites, despite the amount of fly tipping and littering that ocurred last year.

However, the latest edition of the council's "Gypsy-Traveler Policy" now states

"Encampments will not be permitted on operational Council premises such as Park & Ride facilities, civic amenity/recycling facilities,Country Parks,Public Parks and playing fields. Immediate action will be taken to evict encampments should they arise on such sites."

Surely this will at least mean action will be taken at the recycling point by Roadside of Catterline, and we can continue to use the facilities provided without obstruction?
stephen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the group in the southbound layby at Roadside of
Catterline are about to be served with a notice to move on because of their
proximity to the recycling facility.

I also understand that Aberdeenshire Council's view is that the ones in the
northbound layby are not affecting any nearby properties or businesses, and
as they say they have had no complaints about them from members of the
public they do not propose to take any action.

The contact details for your local councillors can be found here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catterline Online Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: